Import issue in python packages

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Sat Aug 11 05:20:05 EDT 2018

Venkatesh Adiga wrote:

> Thanks Peter... What are the ways to update outside of the python program
> without defining environment variable for source code path.... Otherwise
> can I do it once in during initialization of sys.path update?

I don't understand the question. Your options are

- install your modules/packages in a directory already in sys.path
- put .pth file in a directory already in sys.path
- set PYTHONPATH
- manipulate sys.path at runtime

In my experience the last option has a tendency to break things which is why
I prefer any of the other ones. It's your choice however.