NLTK

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 15:18:07 EDT 2018

On 03/08/18 08:49, mausg at mail.com wrote:
> I like to analyse text. my method consisted of something like
> words=text.split(), which would split the text into space-seperated
> units. then I tried to use the Python NLTK library, which had alot
> of features I wanted, but using `word-tokenize' gives a different
>   answer.-
>
> What gives?.

I don't know or use NLTK and you haven't provided any examples, so I
can't say for certain.  However vague memories from the natural language
work I did decades ago suggest that perhaps splitting text by spaces is
a little too simplistic, and NLTK may be trying to do something more
comprehensive.

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd