How to start gnuradio

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Aug 1 01:58:32 EDT 2018

bengt.tornq at gmail.com writes:

> My gnuradio program does not start in my Mint 17.3 installation.

inherited from elsewhere, too: maybe in the Debian package, maybe in the
PyPI package. That would need more diagnosis to determine.)

> When I invoke the command "gnuradio-companion" I get the following message:
>
> -----------------------------
> Cannot import gnuradio.

That looks like a bug, indeed.

Because you later reported that installing another Python package brings
correct behaviour, this strongly indicates that the gnuradio package
does not correctly declare its dependencies.

In other words: The 'gnuradio-companion' program does not work without
an additional package installed, so that is a dependency which must be
declared for the 'gnuradio' package.

> Grateful for hints on how to find out the reason and to solve the
> problem.

I think you have enough information to write a bug report to the Mint
bug tracking system for this.

--
 \      “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not |
  `\              you believe in it.” —Neil deGrasse Tyson, 2011-02-04 |