Understanding pdb result

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Apr 27 19:58:19 EDT 2018

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 10:34:27 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:

> Running python3-3.6.5 and wxPython-4.0.1 on Slackware-14.2.
>
>    The module begins this way:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python3
>
> import sys, os
> import pdb
> import wx

[...]
>    Please pass me a pointer to a resource that teaches me how to avoid
>    this error.

What error are you referring to?

Why are you using pdb in the first place?

If you're getting an error, the first thing to do is read the traceback.
If you're getting a traceback, tell us what it is. Don't paraphrase it,
copy and paste it.

If you're not getting a traceback, please explain why you think you need
to use pdb and what error you think you are getting, because I have no
clue.

--
Steve