Issue with python365.chm on window 7

bartc bc at freeuk.com
Tue Apr 24 15:21:14 EDT 2018

On 24/04/2018 20:03, Ethan Furman wrote:
> [redirecting to list]
>
> On 04/24/2018 09:42 AM, Erik Martinson wrote:
>
>> CHM files have a long history of security issues. Windows blocks them
>> by default. To fix, right-click on the file and go
>> to properties. In the security section, click the box that says Unblock.
>>
>> - Erik

I've long had issues with .chm files not working including this one.

Your fix worked (on Windows 7, you have to look at the General
Properties tab, and the Unblock option is at the bottom. Clicking
Unblock greys it out, then it's Apply or OK).

But it seems unfriendly to say the least for a HELP file of all things
to just flatly not work like without a word of explanation (or even This
file is blocked; do you want to unblock it?)

--
bartc