Issue with python365.chm on window 7

Brian Gibbemeyer bgibbeme at us.ibm.com
Tue Apr 24 10:49:48 EDT 2018

The links without the url defense wrappers

https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-365/

https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.6.5/python365.chm

Thank you,

Brian Gibbemeyer
Sr Software Engineer
Watson Health - Value Based Care

From:   "Brian Gibbemeyer" <bgibbeme at us.ibm.com>
To:     Bob Martin <bob.martin at excite.com>
Cc:     python-list at python.org
Date:   04/24/2018 10:26 AM
Subject:        Re: Issue with python365.chm on window 7
Sent by:        "Python-list"
<python-list-bounces+bgibbeme=us.ibm.com at python.org>

Yes actually I am a Sr Software Engineer. I am not an expert in one
language. I am pretty handy in picking up new concepts and applying the
concepts to meet business demands..
I am just reporting a valid issue.
I don't ever get to code in python, but I really respect the language.

In this case.
I need to automate the porting of tableau reports to different
environments.
I found that Python speaks to the rest api....therefore I get to code with

python. I haven't touched python in 14 years.

Normally I do not respond to these types of responses. Due to the power of

relative anonymity on the internet, it just escalates out of control
quickly and is usually not constructive.
I type this up, not with the intent of embarrassing anyone or aggravating
consummate professionals.
However I can see this goes out to several  people and possibly people who

are new to the language.
I do not want those new to the language or new to using forums to feel
intimidated by jokes or negativity.
This response  is based on conversations I have had with new IT
professionals on why they do not reach out to public forums.
I am a proponent for using public forums, I would like to see more people
use them, even those that do not have thick skins.
Hence I responded.

Perhaps I should have fully explained where I got the windows help file
that  would have been less confusing.
But if the list would have posted the graphic that I attached to the
original email it would have more self explanatory

Bob if you can go to
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.python.org_downloads_release_python-2D364_&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=3-xCv_9fHD4qEMBICdrDmpWXQjchU-G2EWkEPa84asc&m=6QKvk2OAsvUYyrRzkwK4FSHqREtMQevyi9D6dMGPG0c&s=zpwTrS4mGqnpszzsNnYgQ_ydH8y3Q4d9Lz0CPLuwa6E&e=

And download the help file

 I have link below.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.python.org_ftp_python_3.6.4_python364.chm&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=3-xCv_9fHD4qEMBICdrDmpWXQjchU-G2EWkEPa84asc&m=6QKvk2OAsvUYyrRzkwK4FSHqREtMQevyi9D6dMGPG0c&s=RWWyXltMIErykj4fbUCCarJlmazo7AR1Xt6BP7wZHBk&e=

See if you can open that up and report back.
I am not able  however I can open the chm file that comes with python
install.

This is the graphic I sent.
Bob Should be able to see it but the list will not

<start graphic>

<end graphic>