Issue with python365.chm on window 7

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Apr 23 18:37:39 EDT 2018

On 4/23/2018 5:38 PM, Brian Gibbemeyer wrote:
> From:   Brian Gibbemeyer/Detroit/IBM

> Not sure which email this should go to.

This is a good place to start.

> But I downloaded .chm version of the Python guide and found that it is not
> working in windows 7

How did you download it?
How did you try to make it 'work'?
What did it do instead?
Have you successfully run Python Windows Help before?

I installed python.org 64-bit 3.6.5 on Win 10 with the .exe installer.
I run it by clicking on Python 3.6 => Python 3.6 Manuals in the Win10
version of what was Start Menu.  The icon is a notebook page with
question mark.  Window like it has for over a decade, with sidebar on left.

If anyone else has 3.6.5 (the latest 3.6) on Win 7, what to you see?

--
Terry Jan Reedy