Can I execute a python code written in Python 2.7 (using numpy and tensor flow executed in linux) in Winpython 3.6 on Windows?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Apr 17 03:00:26 EDT 2018

On 4/17/2018 1:00 AM, Rishika Sen wrote:
> Here is the code that has been written in Python 2.7, numpy, tensorflow:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JZe7wfRcdlEF6Z5C0ePBjtte_2L4Kk-7

One must 'sign in' to read this.

> Can you please let me know what changes I have to make to execute it on WinPython 3.6? Else, is there a version on Python 2.7 in Winpython?
>
> I have Winpython, I do not have Linux.

If you has searched 'python tensorflow install' like I did you would
have found
https://www.tensorflow.org/install/install_windows
and discovered that TensorFlow on Windows requires 64 bit 3.5 or 3.6.
Learn to use Google, Bing, Yahoo, or whatever.

I believe WinPython is the Python from python.org plus some extras.  It
may come with or have an easy option to install numpy (which is also
available for 3.6).

You may have to use 'py -m pip' instead of 'pip3' in the install
instruction.

Use the 3.6 2to3 tool to convert any custom 2.7 code to 3.6.  See the
manual.  You may need to do additional conversion.

--
Terry Jan Reedy