Filtering computer.lang.python

Thomas Jollans tjol at tjol.eu
Tue Apr 10 03:23:45 EDT 2018

On 2018-04-10 07:06, T Berger wrote:
> This is the first time I've joined a google group and I don't understand the setup. Why are most of the posts in this group unrelated to python, and how do I filter this junk (sorry) out?

Welcome to python-list/comp.lang.python!

This isn't originally a Google group. Google just mirrors the old USENET
group, which is awash with spam.

There is also a mailing list version of this group (posts are mirrored
both ways) at https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list

The mailing list has proper spam filtering and some moderation. None (or
barely any) of the regulars use Google Groups. Some people use USENET
directly and maintain their own extensive filtering regime to make it
readable. Probably most of us use the mailing list, because it's just so
much nicer!

-- Thomas