Python Idle not giving my prompt after If line

brgrt2 at gmail.com brgrt2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 01:44:50 EDT 2018

I typed the If part of an If/Else statement, but did not get a prompt at the beginning of the next line when I hit return. Instead, the cursor lined up under the "p" of "print." Here is the line of text (it's part of a longer bit of coding, I copied out of a textbook).

>>> if right_this_minute in odds:
	print("This minute seems a little odd.")    [Return]

You can't see it, but the cursor is blinking under the "p."

Why is this happening and what's the fix?

Thanks,

Tamara