want to export some of the packets from a big pacp file to another file.

supswain at gmail.com supswain at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 06:39:06 EDT 2018

Hi Anders,

Actually in my setup I am capturing packets from Spirent using wire-shark and need to parse those captured files using python code.

Sometimes captured .pcap file is too big so parsing each packet one by one is being too time consuming during TC automation.

So instead of that I was searching for a python library package which will help me to export the required packets(IP,TCP,UDP,Ethernet frame) from te big captured file and store in another .pcap file.

Later I can use dpkt package to parse the content of the smaller captured file.