The mysterious ways of Python mailing list

Thomas Jollans tjol at tjol.eu
Sat Sep 30 06:17:48 EDT 2017

On 29/09/17 19:15, Vincent Vande Vyvre wrote:
> Is it a reason why my messages appears always a long time (today 9
> hours) on the list after I send it ?
>
> Send at 19:14 UTC+2
>

> Vincent

Some of my messages take about an hour. From looking at the headers in
these cases, it looks like the delay is always before the message is
received (i.e., accepted) by mail.python.org. This looks like greylisting.

I have no idea why messages "from" regular list users coming through
large, reputable ISPs would be regularly greylisted, but I suppose what
will be will be.

-- Thomas