Beginners and experts (Batchelder blog post)

D'Arcy Cain darcy at VybeNetworks.com
Fri Sep 29 06:34:51 EDT 2017

On 09/29/2017 03:15 AM, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
> "Carefully-designed experiments" -- yeah, that is so totally how the coders I've
> worked with operate *wink*
>
> I think that's an awfully optimistic description of how the average programmer
> works :-)

Better not hire average programmers then.  I do "Carefully-designed
experiments" to find non-obvious bugs so I guess I am not average.  I
get the impression that many people here are above average too.

Personally I think you are being pessimistic about "average"
programmers.  Perhaps you just know the sloppy kind.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Vybe Networks Inc.