Beginners and experts (Batchelder blog post)

Neil Cerutti neilc at norwich.edu
Thu Sep 28 10:33:06 EDT 2017

On 2017-09-28, bartc <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:
> On 28/09/2017 12:31, Steve D'Aprano wrote:
>> Until now, I thought that people who wrote crappy code did so
>> because they didn't know any better. This is the first time
>> I've seen somebody state publicly that they have no interest
>> in writing clean code.
>
> I meant I have no interest in reading books about it or someone
> else's opinion. I have my own ideas of what is clean code and
> what isn't.

The world contains many programmers with more experience than
one's-self, and some of them are good at explaining what they
know in a comprehensible and entertaining way. I believe you will
benefit from and even enjoy some of the literature. Here's a
recent favorite: "The Pragmatic Programmer", Andrew Hunt and
David Thomas. ISBN-13: 978-0201616224

--
Neil Cerutti