None is None but not working

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Sep 27 17:09:11 EDT 2017

Sayth Renshaw <flebber.crue at gmail.com> writes:

> When I call data = r.json() it says its type is None if it is not
> successful so I thought it easier to check that.

Can you show the interactive session where you do that check?

    >>> data = r.json()
    >>> data is None
    True

That's what I understand your statement to mean. Is that what you see,
exactly? If not, please post the equivalent session.

--
 \      “Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything |
  `\                                            you know.” —Sassan Tat |