auto installing dependencies with pip to run a python zip application ?

Irmen de Jong irmen at NOSPAM.xs4all.nl
Tue Sep 26 15:56:12 EDT 2017

On 09/26/2017 09:19 PM, Thomas Jollans wrote:
>> - use venv.EnvBuilder() to create a new virtualenv somewhere in the
>> user's home directory (~./virtualenvs/mygreatgame ?)
>
> The appropriate place for this kind of thing, on Linux, would be
> $XDG_DATA_HOME, default "~/.local/share/", i.e.:
>
> f"{os.getenv('XDG_DATA_HOME', os.path.expanduser(
> '~/.local/share'))}/{my_app}/{subdir}"
>
> Other operating system have other conventions. (On Windows I think
> os.getenv('APPDATA') is a good place to start)

Ah, yes thanks for this reminder. I used the appdirs library elsewhere
to take care of this but this is not available (yet) until we are
running in the virtual env

Irmen