Grumpy-pants spoil-sport [was Re: [Tutor] beginning to code]

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 15:37:41 EDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 5:24 AM, Grant Edwards
<grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2017-09-26, alister via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:

>>> Perhaps we could agree on a subject line tag to be used in all threas
>>> arguing about what to call the Python argument passing scheme?  That way
>>> the other 99% of us could pre-emptively plonk it?
>>
>> so you are suggesting a system where we could reject by reference :-)
>
> That depends on what you mean by "reference".
>
> And what you mean by "mean".

Well, *obviously*, reference is the section of the library that you're
not allowed to borrow, and "mean" is the average of a set of numbers.

Which means that CPython is breaking the rules every time it returns a
"borrowed reference".

ChrisA
joke-taker-too-far