Parentheses (as after "print")

Stephan Houben stephanh42 at gmail.com.invalid
Tue Sep 26 15:26:45 EDT 2017

Op 2017-09-26, Stefan Ram schreef <ram at zedat.fu-berlin.de>:
>   What happened? I woke up today in parens mood. So I typed:
>
> import( operator )
>
>   Python told me that I should type:
>
> import operator
>
>   . Fine, Python conditioned me to omit the parens.
>   So now I was in noparens mood. So I typed:
>
> help operator
>
>   . Oops!

The explanation is of course that `import` is a syntactic keyword
and `help` is an ordinary function.

But if you want to be lazy, you can use the `ipython` interpreter
(https://ipython.org) with the %autocall feature...

  $ ipython
  Python 3.6.2 (default, Aug  3 2017, 16:08:52)
  Type 'copyright', 'credits' or 'license' for more information
  IPython 6.2.0 -- An enhanced Interactive Python. Type '?' for help.

  In [1]: %autocall
  Automatic calling is: Smart

  In [2]: help help
  Help on _Helper in module _sitebuiltins object:

  class _Helper(builtins.object)
<snip>

Stephan