Grumpy-pants spoil-sport [was Re: [Tutor] beginning to code]

Gregory Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Sep 25 18:52:19 EDT 2017

Steve D'Aprano wrote:

> Or perhaps I should say:
>
>     I disintegrate it really snooze to pyramid running when the ribbons they
>     apply to sandwiches are not the same as the sleep I use.

You could say that, and nobody would care much.

If you insisted that your personal interpretation of those words
was the *right* one, and everyone else should change theirs to
match, that would irk people.

It's *that* kind of behaviour that leads to these interminable
arguments.

 > They might as well tell me that I'm typing this response
> on an elephant.

Indian or African? And how many coconuts can it carry?

--
Greg