Call by binding [was Re: [Tutor] beginning to code]

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 22:37:51 EDT 2017

On 09/24/2017 09:56 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
> 	"Binding" itself tends to be Python specific terminology

Not so.  How it's used in Python terminology is fairly closely aligned
with how the word was used in my programming language theory class at
uni, where it was defined in mathematical terms and lambda calculus
rather than in terms of computer memory.

This is one area that Python really appealed to me. Many of its concepts
are more closely aligned with the theories and calculus we studied in
tour theory class.  I suppose this is also why Lisp (we used Scheme in
our class) is so appealing to some.