Change project licence?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 11:09:40 EDT 2017

On 09/23/2017 03:07 AM, Kryptxy via Python-list wrote:
> Thank you all! I opened a ticket about the same (on github).
> I got response from most of them, and all are agreeing to the change.
> However, one contributor did not respond at all. I tried e-mailing, but no response.
> Can I still proceed changing the licence? It has been more than a week since the ticket was opened.

If you remove the contributor's contributions from your project, then
you can proceed without his permission. Otherwise, Chris and Leam are
correct.

You could replace all the contributor's code with your own code.  This
is a bit tricky as you've seen the contributor's code.  One way around
this is to tell someone what the contributor's patch did, and have them
recreate it, without looking at that person's patch.