Python Boolean Logic

Bill BILL_NOSPAM at whoknows.net
Sat Sep 23 01:01:48 EDT 2017

Cai Gengyang wrote:
> Hey guys, I'm testing this on CodeAcademy, but I cant get the program to output a result even after pressing the run button. Just wanted to check if my logic is correct. Thanks alot
Your answers appear correct, but you could write Python statements to
test them (or any you encounter in the future). For instance,

if (20 - 10)  > 15 :
     print("true")
else:
     print("false");

Or,

s='(20 - 10)  > 15'
b=(20 - 10)  > 15
print(s, " is ", ("true" if b else "false") );  ## inside parentheses
may be removed.

I am new to Python.  Maybe someone here is familiar with an elegant way
to get the the value of b directly from the string s?  Hmm... It appears
that eval() would work (see "Python: Essential Reference", p. 115).  I
just read about that for the first time last night! I may try that, for
practice,  after I post this.

Bill