Fw: Problems Installing Python36

Stephan Houben stephanh42 at gmail.com.invalid
Fri Sep 22 14:34:24 EDT 2017

Op 2017-09-20, Irmen de Jong schreef <irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl>:
> The only thing I can think of is that it asks windows update to
> install said KB update but that it depends on something else that
> isn't installed or that the user running the installation doesn't have
> the rights to install windows updates. (I suspect something will be
> logged in the event viewer somewhere...?)

Yeah, I suppose something like that. Presumably you can lock down
Windows in some way that it won't install the KB, but that is clearly
not the factory default.

> Or that it doesn't attempt to download it at all and that we are
> misinformed :P

:-(

> Btw, I personally never had any issues installing Python on Windows.

I was vaguely tempted to offer the Mingw-w64 (GCC) Python as an
alternative, since it doesn't rely on any optionally-installed Microsoft
DLLs and so avoids this issue. But I suppose that is not really the
newbie-friendly solution the OP was looking for...

Stephan