xml: TypeError: write() got an unexpected keyword argument 'short_empty_elements'

Nagy László Zsolt gandalf at shopzeus.com
Fri Sep 22 08:29:02 EDT 2017

> Result:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:/not_telling/c14n.py", line 16, in <module>
>     short_empty_elements=False
>   File "lxml.etree.pyx", line 1869, in lxml.etree._ElementTree.write
> (src\lxml\lxml.etree.c:57004)
> TypeError: write() got an unexpected keyword argument 'short_empty_elements'
Well, it looks like etree does not implement the short_empty_elements
argument in its write method:

https://github.com/lxml/lxml/blob/master/src/lxml/etree.pyx#L1954

But it should (see
https://github.com/lxml/lxml/blob/master/src/lxml/etree.pyx#L5 - The
``lxml.etree`` module implements the extended ElementTree API for XML. )

Can somebody please confirm that this is a bug? Also, how can I send a
bug report? ( I'm not able to add an issue to lxml, lack of permissions.  )