Fwd: Issues with python commands in windows powershell

Joey Steward jsteward2930 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:09:43 EDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joey Steward <jsteward2930 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Subject: Fwd: Issues with python commands in windows powershell
To: python-list at python.org

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joey Steward <jsteward2930 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 10:30 PM
To: python-list at python.org

Hello,

I've been having issues using basic python commands in windows powershell.
I'm new to programming so just going off of online tutorials.

Earlier I was unable to use pip to install Django (pip install Django), and
came to this forum for help and someone was able to give me the correct
command for windows 10 (py -m pip install django).

I've been trying to run this command django-admin startproject mytests, but
get the same error message as when trying to run the original pip

django-admin : *The term 'django-admin' is not recognized as the name of a
cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of
the name, or if a path was included,*
*verify that the path is correct and try again.*
*At line:1 char:1*
+ django-admin startproject mytestsite
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (django-admin:String) [],
CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

I'm very new so honestly have no idea what the issue may be, but from
previously trying to use python I think it may have something to do with
configuring windows environment variables? Not sure, but just something
I've ran into in the past previous times trying to learn python for more
data analysis purposes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

Joey Steward