Stdlib, what's in, what's out

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Sep 20 12:39:34 EDT 2017

On 09/20/2017 09:24 AM, Chris Warrick wrote:
> On 20 September 2017 at 17:16, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

>> And if wxPython had been part of the stdlib, it would have meant Python
>> 3 would have been delayed years until wxPython had been ported -- or
>> wxPython would have been pulled from the stdlib and something else put in
>> its place...
>>
>>          So no help to those migrating.
>
> If wxPython had been part of the stdlib, there would be much more
> manpower to port it to 3.

How do you figure?  The available manpower is what it took to get Python 3 itself out when it came out; adding another
project as large as wxPython would not magically make it so the same target dates were hit -- it's not like we have
core-devs sitting idly by waiting for something to do.

--
~Ethan~