Even Older Man Yells At Whippersnappers

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Wed Sep 20 07:53:41 EDT 2017

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:50 pm, Steve D'Aprano wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 07:12 pm, Gregory Ewing wrote:
>
>> Grant Edwards wrote:
>>> Alternatively, you should design an instruction set and implement it
>>> using microcode and AM2900 bit-slice processors.
>>
>> AMD2900? That's cheating! You should design and build your
>> own logic gates. After refining the silicon to make the
>> transistors first, of course.
>
> Silicon? You had it easy.
>
> In my day all we had was hydrogen and helium, we had to make our own silicon
> using fusion.

Of course, when I say all we had was hydrogen and helium, I mean we had to make
it first from a quark/gluon plasma. Won't catch us using somebody else's
substandard silicon. Probably use the wrong electron charge and all.

Of course you don't get quark/gluon plasma like that any more. You can't get the
magnetic monopoles.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.