[Tutor] beginning to code

Bill BILL_NOSPAM at whoknows.net
Tue Sep 19 21:31:07 EDT 2017

Rick Johnson wrote:
> I think for most languages an intuitive syntax is not
> important -- C is such a language, Lisp is such a language,
> Perl is such a language, and there are many more -- but
> for Python, intuitiveness is very important.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "important" ("important to the
compiler", is a legitimate concern, for instance). From an intuition
perspective, C++ allowing you to separate the interface of a class from
it's implementation, I would say that C++ has it all over Python from
the point of view of "intuitiveness".   It's much easier to tell what's
going on, at a glance, in a C++ program. I am much newer to Python, but
I have provided at least one concrete feature supporting my opinion. By
the way, I am not talking about "toy" programs.