speech_to_text python command not working

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Mon Sep 18 03:31:49 EDT 2017

"pizza python" <pizzapython at gmx.com> writes:
>    I'm on Linux Mint 18.2 Cinnamon 64-bit.
>
>    I am trying to get IBM Watson BlueMix Speech-To-Text to transcribe my
>    spoken-word audio files. Because I'm not a coder, I tried to find the
>    simplest way to use BlueMix Speech-to-Text. And what I found
>    is [1]https://github.com/rmotr/speech-to-text
Traceback (most recent call last):
>  speech_to_text formatted_output = FormatterClass().format(result) File
>  "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/speech_to_text/formatters.py", line 36,
>  in format for obj in self._parse(data)) File
>  "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/speech_to_text/formatters.py", line 10,
>  in _parse for obj in data[`results']) KeyError: `results'
>    __________
>
>    I was expecting an html with the transcript. So why did I get the errors
>    above?

Speech to text conversion is not a pure Python solution. It must be based
on some kind of "external service". From the details you have provided,
it looks like some web service.

Your error occurs because what the "external service" has delivered
it not what "speech-to-text" has expected. More precisely,
"speech-to-text" has excepted as result a dict with a "results" key --
but this is missing (likely because some input is wrong or there
is a version mismatch between your "speech-to-text" and the "external service").

I expect that the "data" mentioned in the traceback above contains
some clues for what went wrong. I would use the Python debugger
to investigate along these lines. As you are not yourself a Python
programmer, find one in your region to support you.