Old Man Yells At Cloud

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Sep 16 01:38:31 EDT 2017

/rant on

So apparently everyone who disagrees that Python should be more like Javascript
is an old greybeard fuddy-duddy yelling "Get off my lawn!" to the cool kids --
and is also too stupid to know how dumb they are.

"Hi, I've been programming in Python for what seems like days now, and here's
all the things that you guys are doing wrong. I insist that you fix them
immediately, it doesn't matter how much code it will break, that's not
important. What is important is that Javascript programmers like me shouldn't
be expected to learn anything new or different when they program with Python."

/rant off

And no, for once it wasn't Ranting Rick.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.