[Tutor] beginning to code

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 18:14:23 EDT 2017

On 12 September 2017 at 18:52, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> In any event, i believe my point -- that complex statements
> in Ruby follow a more intuitive left-to-right comprehension
> flow, whereas Python, which due to a reliance on built-in
> functions as opposed to Object methods is directly
> responsible for our code being littered with these less
> intuitive nested function calls -- remains a valid point.

Hardly. As you said to Chris, that's an opinion that you get to have -
but trying to claim that your opinion is anything other than that
(just an opinion) is pointless.

> Feel free to offer a better solution if you like. INADA
> Naoki offered a good solution for Python3 folks, but AFAIK,
> set comprehensions are not avialable as a backported "future
> feature" for Python2 folks. And surely not for Python1
> folks.

So what? What's the point in comparing Ruby with years-out-of-date
Python? At this point you're clearly just looking for an argument, so
I'll give up on this thread.

Paul