The Incredible Growth of Python (stackoverflow.blog)

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Sep 12 08:39:41 EDT 2017

On 12/09/2017 12:20, Leam Hall wrote:
> But if someone comes onto the list, or IRC, and says they need to stay
> on Python 2 then please drop the dozens of e-mails and comments about
> upgrading.

(Just spotted this quoted by Steven D'Aprano).

Another factor of course is that people are reading and interacting with
the list/newsgroup in many different ways, and so what appears as a
pile-on almost certainly isn't (as such). It's the common reaction of a
number of probably unconnected people with a similar mindset.

Obviously Leam's point is still valid: it looks like a wall of unwanted
advice. But I wanted to defend "The List" (or "The Newsgroup") which of
course is just a load of different people.

TJG