Simple game board GUI framework

ROGER GRAYDON CHRISTMAN dvl at psu.edu
Mon Sep 11 12:36:55 EDT 2017

I would echo the recommendation of teaching something you are already
familiar with doing.   Perhaps you can find a different class hierarchy to work
with.

I remember that the first time I really began to grok OOP was in a
text-based MUD environment.   In the application area, clearly
everything was an object (sword, bag, apple, etc.)   Some objects
were living (like player charaters and NPCs).   Many objects also
served as containers (bags had contents, rooms had contents,
players had an inventory).   And the polymorphism that came with
OOP allowed me to even simulate a ship, which was one object
whose inventory included several rooms, so as the ship moved,
so did everything on board.

And there was no GUI required for it -- so no issues there.

It's been a couple decades or so, but that interpreted object-oriented
language LPC might still be out there somewhere.

Roger ChristmanPennsylvania State University