The Incredible Growth of Python (stackoverflow.blog)

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sun Sep 10 13:14:05 EDT 2017

Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com>:

> 	In contrast, every sample I've seen of the async library comes
> across as "magic happens here -- at some point in time".

That magic can be learned, in principle. I'm afraid few programmers will
be willing/able to get over the hump, and there are a number of tricky
aspects to be extra careful about.

The situation *did* get significantly better with "async" replacing
"@coroutine" and "await" replacing "yield from". However, it is easy to
accidentally forget to place the "await" keyword where it belongs and
quite a bit of troubleshooting can go into locating the mistake because
the faulty program runs without an (immediate) exception.

Marko