Using Python 2

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Fri Sep 8 08:42:58 EDT 2017

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:
> But as others have said, upgrading to 3.4+ is not as hard as many
> people fear, and your code generally improves as a result

That's somewhat irrelevant. Point is, Python 2 will quickly become a
pariah in many corporations during or after 2018, and we are going to
see emergency measures similar to the Y2K craze twenty years ago.

The risk to Python will be whether the occasion is exploited by fanboys
of competing programming languages. The migration from Python 2 might be
to something else than Python 3 in some circles.

Marko