remove path forever

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 12:39:52 EDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:25 AM, Andrej Viktorovich
<viktorovichandrej at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 September 2017 14:35:58 UTC+3, eryk sun  wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 1:39 AM, Andrej Viktorovich
>> <viktorovichandrej at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I have 64 bit python on my windows 10 machine. Install contains 32 bit python libs in path
>> > and I would like to remove them.
>> >
>> > I do
>> > imprt sys
>> > sys.path.remove("C:\\Users\\me\\AppData\\Local\\Programs\\Python\\Python36-32")
>> >
>> > It works for current python instance, but paths appears in new one. How to remove paths forever?
>>
>> Probably you have the Python36-32 directories set in PYTHONPATH. For
>> some reason some people think they need to add standard directories to
>> this environment variable, which is something you should never do.
>
> Yes, my PYTHONPATH looks like:
> C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32
> C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\DLLs
> C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python36-32\Lib
>
> Should I remove them? I suppose installer did so. But why 64 bit installer skiped this?

Yes, remove them. I don't know what added them, but the installer did
not -- assuming it's a standard installer from python.org. Those
entries are not necessary and are guaranteed to break other
installations of Python. Typically they get added manually by users
who are desperate to resolve some path issue, which is often a
completely unrelated system PATH issue.