tictactoe script - commented - may have pedagogical value

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 10:22:54 EDT 2017

On 2017-09-07, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:05 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 5:11 PM, Steven D'Aprano
>>> I don't know why it places *two* pairs of crosses and naughts instead of
>>> one. Maybe the page is broken.
>>
>> I think it is, as part of being on the Internet Archive. To get a
>> working version of the game, you may need to download it locally and
>> clean it up a bit.
>
> I was also very confused at first. I found that you need to hide the
> Internet Archive header because it covers the current board.

Yea, that.  Embarassingly, I played with it for a couple minutes
yesterday and thought it was broken because I didn't realize that
popup was covering the only board I was supposed to pay attention to.

> It is also surprising in that the player's move is recorded with 'O'
> despite going first, which is contrary to the conventions of the
> game.

I assumed that was a regional thing.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! You mean you don't
                                  at               want to watch WRESTLING