non-standard glibc location

Fetchinson . fetchinson at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 6 10:14:12 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

I'm trying to install a binary package (tensorflow) which contains
some binary C extensions. Now my system glibc is 2.15 but the binaries
in the C extensions were created (apparently) with glibc 2.17. So I
thought no problemo I installed glibc 2.17 to a custom location, built
python2.7 from source (hopefully using my custom glibc) and installed
pip and everything else using this custom built python. But still when
I try to import tensorflow I get:

ImportError: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found
(required by /home/nogradi/fetch/custom/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tensorflow/python/_pywrap_tensorflow_internal.so)

So apparently it's trying to use my system glibc, not the custom one.

How do I tell this extension to use the custom glibc? Is it even possible?

But maybe I have an even more basic issue: how do I link python not
with the system glibc but with my custom glibc?

Cheers,
Daniel