Please improve these comprehensions (was meaning of [ ])

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:02:27 EDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:49 PM, Rustom Mody <rustompmody at gmail.com> wrote:
> Pop et al wont work with frozen sets
> Containment wont work with sets — what mathematicians call 'not closed'
> All of which amounts to this that python sets are not really pleasant for
> math-work

Funnily enough, Python has never boasted that it's great for
mathematicians. Time and time again I see posts here that try to
explain Python from the POV of pure mathematics, and they always seem
to end up getting convoluted and awkward. The real world is not so
pure... and Python lives happily in the real world.

ChrisA