Can I use functions while defining paths?

Ned Batchelder ned at nedbatchelder.com
Mon Sep 4 07:01:40 EDT 2017

On 9/4/17 4:08 AM, Andrej Viktorovich wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to import my made module to python with helper function:
>
> import os.path.join ("D","pyth_nonsens","workspace_python","PyhonTutorial","reader")

>   File "<stdin>", line 1
>     import os.path.join ("D","pyth_nonsens","workspace_python","PyhonTutorial","reader")
>                         ^
>

> Can I use functions while defining paths?

As others have said, the import statement takes identifiers, not
expressions.  More importantly, it's unusual to try to name a specific
absolute path in an import statement. The best thing is to install
libraries so that you can import them like this:

    import reader

If you can't import them, the next best thing is to use an environment
variable to adjust PYTHONPATH so that the library can be found:

    PYTHONPATH=D:\pyth_nonsens\workspace_python\PyhonTutorial python
myprog.py

--Ned.