Vim, ctags jump to python standard library source

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Mon Oct 30 19:20:59 EDT 2017

On 19Oct2017 12:08, Matt Schepers <mattschepers at gmail.com> wrote:
>I prefer to use vim and ctags when developing python, but I'm having
>trouble getting ctags to index the standard library. Sometimes I would like
>to see an object's constructor etc...
>
>Does anyone know how to do this?

Will "ctags -o your-tags-file -a -R /path/to/your/python/lib" not scan the
python library?  Haven't tried it myself, and the tags file would be HUGE...

Hmm...

  [~]fleet*> ctags -o testtags -a -R /usr/lib/python2.7
  [~]fleet*> L testtags
  -rw-rw-r--  1 cameron  cameron  7208525 31 Oct 10:19 testtags

Superficially looks ok...

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> (formerly cs at zip.com.au)