from packaging import version as pack_version ImportError: No module named packaging

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Mon Oct 30 06:14:34 EDT 2017

David Gabriel wrote:

> Dears,
>
> When I run this command I got this error message:
>
> ubuntu at orchestrateur:/tmp/pack$ virtualenv -p $(which python3.5) .
> Running virtualenv with interpreter /usr/local/sbin/.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/virtualenv", line 3, in <module>
>     virtualenv.main()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/virtualenv.py", line 784, in main
>     popen = subprocess.Popen([interpreter, file] + sys.argv[1:], env=env)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
>     errread, errwrite)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1327, in _execute_child
>     raise child_exception
> OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied
>

> This error is also reproducible using sudo.

When `which` does not find python3.5 your virtualenv invocation is
effectively

$ virtualenv -p .

It should be clear that the current directory is usually not a python
interpreter ;)

> Please advise how to fix it.

Provide the path to an actually existing interpreter. If you insist on
which-craft test the command first:

$ which python3.3
$ which python3.4
/usr/bin/python3.4

So on my system $(which python3.4) might work while $(which python3.3) will
not.