headless python app for android/ios

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Fri Oct 27 07:15:06 EDT 2017

In the past we have developed reportlab applications for use on android/ios
devices. We used Kivy for the gui and the kivy setup did allow us to create a
working reportlab pdf producer under the kivy gui. It was not exactly easy, but
in the end we had a working PDF producer.

A possible requirement is for pdf production using reportlab, but with others
providing the gui using possible something called electron.

I know very little about what is actually possible to provide api's in python
under ios/android. Can the front end spawn a python process or must we run some
kind of background app with  listening sockets etc etc? Can applications call
out to the world to download updated templates and so on?

Any pointers would be useful.
--
Robin Becker