choice of web-framework

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Mon Oct 23 03:15:38 EDT 2017

Patrick Vrijlandt <nieuws.pv at xs4all.nl> writes:
> The project is completely new, there are no histories to take into
> account (current solutions are paper-based). The website involves
> questionnaires that will be developed, filled out and stored. Users
> are not programmers or developers. They should be
> authenticated. Version control is required. Internationalization is
> not an issue. I expect that the project will add additional
> requirements and complexity later on that I can not foresee yet. I'm
> targeting a single deployment (maybe a second on a development
> machine). I usually work on Windows, but Linux can be considered.

I am using Plone (a CMS (= Content Management System) build on top of
Zope) for something like this. It has a standard extension
"CMFEditions" for version control of its content.

The content is managed in the Zope Object Database (= "ZODB"). This is
also valid for the revisions. Thus, you do not get
"git/mercurial/..."-style version control (based on files) but
you see when and by whom a version was created, can revert to a
previous version and see differences between versions. There is no
merge support, though.

The standard Plone content types are likely not sufficient to
implement your questionnaires; you will probably define one of
more specific for your task. But, this is not too complex.

Questions about Plone (and the underlying Zope) can be asked at
"https://community.plone.org/".