choice of web-framework

Patrick Vrijlandt nieuws.pv at xs4all.nl
Sun Oct 22 09:26:03 EDT 2017

Op 22-10-2017 om 14:05 schreef Tim Chase:

 > I'm not sure what "version control is required" means in this
 > context.  Is this version-control of the users' answers? Or
 > version-control of the source code.  If it's the source code, the web
 > framework won't help you there, but git, mercurial, or subversion are
 > all good/reasonable choices.  If you want to version your user's
 > answers or other aspects of your application, you'll need to design
 > it into your app.  There might be plugins/modules to facilitate this
 > on either side of the Django / Flask/Bottle/SQLAlchemy divide.

The version control I was referring to, is indeed users' data. I plan to
use Mercurial for the source code. The questionnaires being developed
will go through many revisions. The questionnaires being filled in, are
enough work to have a provision for mistakes. The idea is much like the
"revert" option that MoinMoin and other wikis provide.

--Patrick