multiprocessing shows no benefit

Thomas Nyberg tomuxiong at gmx.com
Wed Oct 18 11:27:09 EDT 2017

On 10/18/2017 05:10 PM, Jason wrote:
> I've read the docs several times, but I still have questions.
> I've even used multiprocessing before, but not map() from it.
>
> I am not sure if map() will let me use a common object (via a manager) and if so, how to set that up.

As I said earlier, you should really post the code in question. Fake any
data you need so that the problem is computationally the same. Post some
file `script.py` so that running `python script.py` works without errors
(other than e.g. possible import errors from numpy and stuff like that).
This will make it much more likely that someone will be able to help you.

Cheers,
Thomas