how to read in the newsreader

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Mon Oct 16 21:02:04 EDT 2017

On 15Oct2017 22:50, Andrew Z <formisc at gmail.com> wrote:
> how do i get this group in a newsreader? The digest i'm getting is not
>workable for me - i can't reply , can only read the replies from the
>members of the group. Or. maybe, it shouldn't be a news reader....
>please advise..
>
>P.S. Oh the comp.lang.python is a nightmare because of spam...

Well comp.langpython _is_ the newsgroup.

I recommend using the mailing list in individual message mode. It is far
better. Many mail readers have good interfaces, and you get to keep all the
messages, making it easy to find things later or to read in a nice threaded
way.

Digests have many problems, some of which you're well aware of. I wish they
weren't even an option.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>