Lies in education [was Re: The "loop and a half"]

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 11:06:37 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-12, Steve D'Aprano <steve+python at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 04:41 pm, Grant Edwards wrote:
>

>>> Even two
>>> different C compilers could return different values.
>>
>> Nope.  If sizeof char is not 1, then it's not C.
>
> Today I Learned.

It sure was an education the first I wrote C code for
a machine where

 1 == sizeof char == sizeof int == sizeof long == sizeof float == sizeof double

All were 32 bits.

Writing protocol code that dealt with the outside world via a serial
port was _painful_.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! ... I want a COLOR
                                  at               T.V. and a VIBRATING BED!!!