Logging from files doesn't work

Andrew Z formisc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 22:02:41 EDT 2017

Hello,

 apparently my reading comprehension is nose diving these days. After
reading python cookbook and a few other tutorials i still can't get a
simple logging from a few files to work.
I suspected my file organization - all files are in the same directory,
causing problem. But it appears it is not.

Anyway, in the example below, only logging from main.py works. I also want
to have login from "test1/test.py" to write into the same common log file.

And how can i accomplish the same if test.py is in the same directory as
main.py?

dir structure:
src/
     |- main.py
     |-test/
             |-test.py

code:
test.py:

import logging
# neither of below produce any results

log = logging.getLogger("test1.test")
# log = logging.getLogger(__name__)

def fun():
   print("DADADA")
   log.debug(" DADADADA " )

main.py:

from test1.test import fun

def main():

   log = logging.getLogger(__name__)
   log.setLevel(logging.DEBUG)

   fh = logging.FileHandler("nja_" +
datetime.now().strftime("%Y_%b_%d_%H_%M_%S") +".log")
   formatter = logging.Formatter('%(levelname)s - %(asctime)s -
%(funcName)10s() %(lineno)s - %(message)s')
   fh.setFormatter(formatter)
   log.addHandler(fh)

   log.debug("Yes, this line is in the log file")

   fun()

   log.debug("And this one is too")

 this is 3.5 version.

Thank you in advance.