Lies in education [was Re: The "loop and a half"]

Ben Bacarisse ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk
Wed Oct 11 16:42:04 EDT 2017

Bill <BILL_NOSPAM at whoknows.net> writes:

>>> PHP seems (seemed?) popular for laying out web pages.  Are their vastly
>>> superior options?
>> Python? Superior syntax for sure
>
> I believe that.  What accounts for the popularity of PHP then?

Two things, probably.  First, it was almost always pre-installed even on
low-cost hosting.  Second, you could start very simply because it was
designed to be used embedded.  Tiny little bits of code could so
something -- not need for a "framework".

Other languages were not always installed (I'm sure it's better these
days) and those that were (Perl almost always was) could not, by
default, be used embedded -- you had to generate the whole page.

What is (or are) the Python way (or ways) to do it?

--
Ben.